How to stopping named sevice

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell How to stopping named sevice

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  zerone 9 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

zerone

Dear all,

how i can stop named service on zeroshell…
    because i need UDP port 53 for other service (openvpn)

i’ve tried to stop with command:

service named stop

result:
    root@zeroshell root> service named stop
    /sbin/service: line 6: /etc/rc.d/init.d/named: No such file or directory
    /sbin/service: line 6: exec: /etc/rc.d/init.d/named: cannot execute: No such file or directory

when i try to stop it with “kill” command, named service can be stopped.
    but i know if “kill” command is not effective, because i can’t put that command on startup script.. (ID named service always changed on restart)

maybe someone can help me

thanks..

😳

misterplow

It’s an ugly hack, but what you have to do is kill named, and then before it gets launched again restart openvpn (to grab udp/53).

Does this Post Boot script do what you need?

/bin/killall named;/etc/init.d/openvpn restart

Setup your OpenVPN server listening on ucp53 (it will fail to start the first time you save it). After this is created, execute the Post Boot script as above or else reboot your box.

Does that work?

zerone

@misterplow wrote:

It’s an ugly hack, but what you have to do is kill named, and then before it gets launched again restart openvpn (to grab udp/53).

Does this Post Boot script do what you need?

/bin/killall named;/etc/init.d/openvpn restart

Setup your OpenVPN server listening on ucp53 (it will fail to start the first time you save it). After this is created, execute the Post Boot script as above or else reboot your box.

Does that work?

thanks for your quick respon…

i’ll try it later…and i’ll give the result

love u 🙄

ppalias

service dns stop

misterplow

“service dns stop” *does* stop named, but if you “ps -ef | grep named” for it a minute or two later you’ll find that it’s running again, so that’s not a permanent fix. This behaviour (for which I’m sure there is a reason/explanation) is what prompted me to think if the ugly hack above (which also it a stretch to call a permanent fix..)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.