How to setup EAP-TLS with Zeroshell

Home Page Forums Network Management Networking How to setup EAP-TLS with Zeroshell

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  wim 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

wim

Setup:
    Client: Windows XP, username=projects, password=wpixxxxx (password is made up for this discussion)
    AP: Hostapd
    RADIUS: Zeroshell

I exported a Trusted CA named TrustedCA.pem and placed on client and was able to successfully connect using PEAP/MSCHAPv2. I’m now trying to connect using EAP-TLS. Created group called WPI, GID=1001. Created user with username:projects, UID=10011, group=WPI, firstname=test, lastname=user, password=wpixxxxx. Selected X509 from this user and exported as projects.pem. Added projects.pem in similar fashion to TrustedCA.pem except I placed it in Personal instead of Trusted Root Certificates. Changed client to use “Smart card or Certificate” and “Use simple certificate selection”. I get the windows bubble of “Windows was unable to find a certificate to log you on to the network”. Why am I unable to connect?

wim

Resolved problem 😀 . Instead of exporting the user certificate as a pem file export it as a pfx file. Copied the pfx file to the client and double-clicked it which starts a wizard to load it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.