How To Open KDC on ETH00

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell How To Open KDC on ETH00

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  sarunask 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

sarunask

I want ZeroShell to act as KDC for my network. I am using ZeroShell v1.0.beta4. By default it doesn’t listen on ETH00:00 IP address.

What I did was quite a dirty hack I assume:
    1. I edited /var/register/system/k5/DummyIP and changed it to same IP as on ETH00:00
    2. I edited /etc/hosts and changed KDC.localdomain to same IP as on ETH00:00
    Now ZeroShell is working as KDC for my network and itself 🙂

Is there more appropriate way to do it and so those changes would stay permanent ?

Thanks in advance,
    Sarunas

imported_fulvio
    Participant

The Kerberos 5 KDC automatically listen on any interface (VLANs and VPNs included) on which you have configured one or more IP addresses. You just have to reboot the system or type the command

service kerberos5 restart

after that you have added or changed an IP.
    To verify this, you just have to give the command

netstat -an | grep :88

that will show you the IP on which the KDC is bound.
    You should never modify the IP address of the dummy1 interface (192.168.142.142) that is only used for internal communication with the KDC, because the kerberos daemon does not listen on the IP 127.0.0.1.

Regards
    Fulvio

sarunask

@fulvio wrote:

The Kerberos 5 KDC automatically listen on any interface (VLANs and VPNs included) on which you have configured one or more IP addresses. You just have to reboot the system or type the command

service kerberos5 restart

after that you have added or changed an IP.
    To verify this, you just have to give the command

netstat -an | grep :88

that will show you the IP on which the KDC is bound.
    You should never modify the IP address of the dummy1 interface (192.168.142.142) that is only used for internal communication with the KDC, because the kerberos daemon does not listen on the IP 127.0.0.1.

I see ! 🙂 Thank you very much 🙂
    So to summarize: after assignment of new IP I need to restart ZeroShell, so KDC starts listening on new IP.
    Now it works 🙂

Sarunas

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.