How to enable User Accounting & Connection Tracking Feat

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell How to enable User Accounting & Connection Tracking Feat

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  karthikeyan 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

karthikeyan

I am working as a system admin in a college. I downloaded previous version and just used captive portal for last three months. now i downloaded latest release and trying to enable user accounting feature in this release. i want to know the duration of user and sites which they viewed. members kindly give me direction to achieve it.

lonetorus

In beta 13 accounting is not implemented yet, though you can get some tracking functionality of bandwidth usage from the bandwidthd feature found under captive portal. that along with DHCP and static DHCP bindings should ensure some validity of the data, allthough a MAC address can be spoofed.

also in the captive portal under graphics, you can see how many people are currently connected, and how long they have been so, though in graph form.

/lone

karthikeyan

Thank you for your reply. i thought acounting feature is added in this release.

lonetorus

@karthikeyan wrote:

Thank you for your reply. i thought acounting feature is added in this release.

oh and i forgot to address your last question, you want to keep a log of what sites your users have visited. this can be done by enableing the transparent proxy and setting log on all activity.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.