How to access Video Cam from out of Lan

Home Page Forums Network Management Networking How to access Video Cam from out of Lan

This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Shiv 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Shiv

Hi, I want to access my Digital Video Recorder software from out of LAN through a domain.. But when I enter the address of ‘abc.xyz.com’ (link for DVR) it shows me Zeroshell login page where i can login with credetials and access it. But unable to access Video Recorder. So somebuddy have any idea?

Shiv

@shiv wrote:

Hi, I want to access my Digital Video Recorder software from out of LAN through a domain.. But when I enter the address of ‘abc.xyz.com’ (link for DVR) it shows me Zeroshell login page where i can login with credetials and access it. But unable to access Video Recorder. So somebuddy have any idea?

I tried port forwarding on different interfaces (Under Router > Virtual Server > ) but didn’t work. Should I do set any thing more?

redfive
    Participant

Hi , you need a simple port forwarding , eg if the dvr’s web server is listening on port 80 ,
    go to NETWORK>> Router>>Virtual Server , then Input interface “your wan interface” , ip address “blank” (since you are using domain name) , local port eg. “8082” , remote ip “dvr ip address” , remote port “80” , then , from the internet , type abc.xyz.com:8082 , should work .
    greetings

Shiv

@redfive wrote:

Hi , you need a simple port forwarding , eg if the dvr’s web server is listening on port 80 ,
    go to NETWORK>> Router>>Virtual Server , then Input interface “your wan interface” , ip address “blank” (since you are using domain name) , local port eg. “8082” , remote ip “dvr ip address” , remote port “80” , then , from the internet , type abc.xyz.com:8082 , should work .
    greetings

I tried this one but didn’t work. In settings it’s showing three ports – 1. Net trans port – 5191
    2. WEB server port – 80 3. FTP Server port – 21 . So which port I should select on WAN.

redfive
    Participant

assuming that your wan interface is ETH03 , and the dvr is 192.168.10.2 , and is listening on 80 tcp try this

and from the internet , type your.fqdn:8082

greetings

Shiv

@redfive wrote:

assuming that your wan interface is ETH03 , and the dvr is 192.168.10.2 , and is listening on 80 tcp try this

greetings

I tried this one but didn’t work. I am using 3 WAN connections. The static IP is on Eth3 (relates to ppp2) so I tired all the options e.g – Eth3, PPP2 and ANY as input interface but it’s not working. Still error – page not found and if I don’t specify the port in web address it goes to Zeroshell login page.

Shiv

@shiv wrote:

@redfive wrote:

greetings

I tried this one but didn’t work. I am using 3 WAN connections. The static IP is on Eth3 (relates to ppp2) so I tired all the options e.g – Eth3, PPP2 and ANY as input interface but it’s not working. Still error – page not found and if I don’t specify the port in web address it goes to Zeroshell login page.

And one more thing my DVR IP (local IP on which PC DVR is running) is on static modem in Balancing rules.

redfive
    Participant

The default gateway is set correctly on the DVR? With even the balancing rule , you shouldn’t have this kind of problems…in net balancer , what’s the weight of the individual interfaces ? the proxy is running ?
    greetings

Shiv

@redfive wrote:

The default gateway is set correctly on the DVR? With even the balancing rule , you shouldn’t have this kind of problems…in net balancer , what’s the weight of the individual interfaces ? the proxy is running ?
    greetings

Hi, thanks for ur support but it’s not working yet. I will try more and reply.

Shiv

@shiv wrote:

@redfive wrote:

greetings

Hi, thanks for ur support but it’s not working yet. I will try more and reply.

I tried all but no success yet. I reinstalled the ZS also. Whereas it’s working if I keep DVR out of ZS. I cann’t under stand what’s missing………. need more help

redfive
    Participant

The static ip is on ETH03 and not on ppp2 ? Have you tried shutting down all wan interfaces, except ETH03 and ppp2 and see if all works properly ? How is the firewall set up ?

Shiv

@redfive wrote:

The static ip is on ETH03 and not on ppp2 ? Have you tried shutting down all wan interfaces, except ETH03 and ppp2 and see if all works properly ? How is the firewall set up ?

Yes I have set static IP on ETH03 not on PPP2. ISP has provided that IP on PPP2. I tried without firewall also. Weight of each Interface is 1.

Shiv

@redfive wrote:

Nice…….!! it worked finally. Thanks a lot for your help.

Utteru

Thank you redfive and shiv your conversation i got my solution.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.