How is the net-balancer programmed

Home Page Forums Network Management Networking How is the net-balancer programmed

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  vpdose 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

vpdose

Hi,

I am wondering, how the zeroshell-distro is dealing with the multi-wan routing. In the GUI it is called “Net Balancer”. Does this mean, that there was something programmed for that feature or is linux capable of multi-wan out of the box? Or is the net-balancer only a Gui to handle the routing things?

I am asking this, because I have a pair of (ipsec-based) vpn-gateways running with drbd and heartbeat, so they are set up together as a cluster with two nodes. The openvpn multi-wan feature coming with zeroshell is very fascinating and I wonder, if I can adopt this specific feature for my vpn-cluster.

With kind regards,

Volker

ppalias

Hi there!
    Netbalancer is just the web-gui to configure the routing preferences when you have multiple wans.
    It uses iptables to match and mark traffic, iproute2 to route and load balance the traffic and some ping scripts to test the availability.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.