How do I upgrade Zeroshell ?

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell How do I upgrade Zeroshell ?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  mark_orion 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mark_orion

I am running 1.b11 in a Virtualbox virtual machine and I want to upgrade to the latest 1.b12.
    The vm boots from the ISO image ans stores the profiles on a virtual harddisk.
    Is it enough to shutdown Zeroshell, mount the new ISO as virtual CD and start it again?
    What about the “AutoUpdate” functionality within ZS? I have never seen anything happening there except the MessageBoard.
    thanks for the new release anyway, Mark

I think it would be a time saver for you to just download the new image ISO.

mark_orion

@vpn_rollercoaster wrote:

I think it would be a time saver for you to just download the new image ISO.

That is what I am actually wanting to do. My unclarity is about if the information that is stored in the profile on the virtual harddisk will be messed up by the new release or if I can upgrade without loosing essential configuration information (DNS zones, DHCP reservations, Captive Portal configuration).

I’ve never used the sun VM Server but if you’re already using the ISO image to boot from that file system is read-only anyway with symbolic links to your /Database which is your Profile.

If you’re concerned with losing your profile just save a backup via the web interface and then boot from your new ISO if you lose your profile just restore it from your backup.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.