How Do I Load USB Net Adapter Driver

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell How Do I Load USB Net Adapter Driver

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  PacketVictim 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

PacketVictim

Hi, I have a ZS v1.0beta11 setup and wish to use a USB network adapter however the driver (pegasus.ko) does not get automatically loaded at bootup.

Once ZS is up I can ssh in and manually load the driver (and get a new eth0 device) but I’d like it to happen automatically at bootup.

How should I implement this?

Cheers & TIA for any info!

JC

try pre/post boot script in setup — startup/cron.

that should do it for ya.

PacketVictim

@jc wrote:

try pre/post boot script in setup — startup/cron.

Super, thx!

I thought I had tried those and they had not worked but now it’s behaving.

BTW, it works whether I use pre-boot or post-boot script. Which is the ‘better’ place to put my ‘modprobe pegasus’ command?

TIA again!

JC

im not sure, but seems that putting the driver before u start services would b better. someone may have better idea.

PacketVictim

@jc wrote:

im not sure, but seems that putting the driver before u start services would b better. someone may have better idea.

Just a funny thing I think I noticed, maybe twice even…

I’d make the change to the script via the ZS www interface, save changes, reboot, but the adjusted script would not seem to take effect (the changes I made would not take effect). I went back to the script and the change I made was there. So I’d then click test, maybe save it again and then reboot and it would then be working and in effect.

So it sorta seemed to me that I had to perform the ‘test’ function on the script to have it actually ‘stick’.

Or it’s just me – I wasn’t testing this characteristic specifically so I may have misread things.

Thx for ZS!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.