HOW DATA secure wireless…?

Home Page Forums Network Management Wireless Networks HOW DATA secure wireless…?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  GilBytes 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

GilBytes

Greetings,

I have installed zeroshell Release 1.0.beta12 on a Pentium 3 in the following order:

INTERNET —> MODEMS ADSL —> ETH001 —> ZS —> ETH00 —> — >SWITCH 8 PORTS

>on line 02 ACCESS POINT

1. what are the steps for wireless data is safe, and are not read by other people

ppalias

It depends on the encryption you have set on the access points.

GilBytes

I have no security setting on my AP, the idea is that anyone see my advertising on the web login and call me to enter my internet service, then that way I give 01 ticket…

I just want to inform my customers travel by air is safe or encoded

Thank…

ppalias

Wireless hotspots usually are non-secured, cause anyone can connect to them without knowing any passphrases beforehand. So I am afraid that your clients are not secure.

kingmaker

thanks for sharing..

JC

you could enable captive portal on the wireless interface and put the contact info on that login page, the data will still not be secure but only certain individuals will b able to get past the login after they contact u.

to b clear, u wish ppl to c ur webpage from ur network, or is it an online advertisment.

@gilbytes wrote:

I have no security setting on my AP, the idea is that anyone see my advertising on the web login and call me to enter my internet service, then that way I give 01 ticket…

I just want to inform my customers travel by air is safe or encoded

Thank…

Terrible advice from those other guys. Just terrible!
    I understand what you’re trying to accomplish but it will require knowledge of vlans, multiple ssid, 802.1x or some other method of authentication + a preferred encryption.

First thing you want to do is create a guest vlan (untagged) on a switch that is capable of port based vlans or vlan tagging which ever you think is easiest and supported by your hardware.

Next you want to create your guest ssid (broadcast ssid = yes) with no encryption on your access point (map this to your untagged vlan). The capture screen will have your contact details and also allow for unencrypted log on for users.

Here’s the part you were missing. You need to create a second vlan on the switch for secure traffic (tagged). Create a new ssid (broadcast ssid = no) on your access point (map this to your tagged vlan). On your capture screen you can have a detail page giving instructions how users can use the secure ssid for encrypted traffic.

Encryption can be TTLS, PEAP, LEAP or some other preferred type.
    Don’t forget to create corresponding vlans on zeroshell lan interface or you’ll be disappointed.

This was accomplished with a cisco aironet 1231G, ovislink FSH2602G and Zeroshell.

proxious

thanks for the heads up

Anonymous

DELETED

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.