How and where to input VPN auth passwords?

Home Page Forums Network Management VPN How and where to input VPN auth passwords?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Uksindus 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Uksindus

Hi,

I have acquired a VPN service from a commercial service provider (NordVPN), where I received an .ovpn file and a list of servers.

Everything works great on a client machine – input ‘openvpn [given server name]’, and when prompted, input your username and password and everything’s peachy.

I can also make the vpn work on the zeroshell machine via command line (of course then I’ll lose all internet connectivity on client machines). I would like my ZS box to handle the VPN connection automatically and tunnel all traffic from certain clients to VPN.

LAN-to-LAN VPN page on zeroshell isn’t very intuitive, but I got to the point that it tries to connect to VPN service provider, but fails due to username/password not being able to input. (Also without commenting out the ping directives in .ovpn file results in errors that do not do that in pure commandline?)

Putting username/password in a file and inputting “–auth-user-pass /path/to/file” results in a “Sorry, ‘Auth’ password cannot be read from a file” log message.

Question is – where to input auth username and password and how? Searching the forum seems that many have used the aforementioned –auth-user-pass directive, but does that require a custom compile of the client?

Uksindus

Pfft, VPN works fine when I upgraded zeroshell to the latest version, it seems that the old versions don’t have the –auth-user-pass option enabled.

mariad

Have you tried putting up a manual dialler. I think that should help you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.