help to connect 3G dongle

Home Page Forums Network Management Networking help to connect 3G dongle

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  glenr 9 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

glenr

I am in Australia and have a Huawei e169 to connect to Virgin
    I cannot make a connection in zeroshell The modem is detected correctly and attempts to make a connection. From my experience with this dongle in Ubuntu CHAP authentication has to be disabled otherwise no connection can be made . Can someone please let me know how to do this in zeroshell?

ppalias

Have you read the documentation?

glenr

Thank you as a matter of fact I have . I am sorry if I missed it but I cannot see how to disable CHAP authentication in zeroshell. This is my specific question.

glenr

I think i worked out the correct syntax and where to put it
    refuse-chap in 3Gconnect. Just a process of trial and error.

ppalias

Ok then! Could you write down what were the steps exactly in case someone else has the same problem?

glenr

three lines need to be added to /root/kerbynet.cg/scripts/3Gconnect

they need to be placed in the section that writes /tmp/ppp.3g

refuse-chap
    user “irrelevant”
    password “irrelevant”

I am using vmware and now have to work out how to make the changes survive a reboot.

atheling

@glenr wrote:

…snip…
    I am using vmware and now have to work out how to make the changes survive a reboot.

The way I do that is to put all my revised scripts into a directory I created at /Database/custom/ then I put the following in my “Pre Boot script” to copy my versions of the scripts to the operational area when the system is starting up:

for file in /Database/custom/*
    do
    cp ${file} /root/kerbynet.cgi/scripts/
    done

I think it would have been a whole lot easier just using an existing 3g router to accomplish what you’re needlessly making zeroshell do like the Huawei E5832 hotspot.

glenr

Ok if you own one
    where is the challenge and fun?
    needlessly?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.