Help! never used Zeroshell before, need help with NAT

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Help! never used Zeroshell before, need help with NAT

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  jasons 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jasons

long story short, I just got hired by a company after their old IT guy left. He set them up using a Zeroshell router but left no information as to how it works or is setup. I had never even heard of Zeroshell before last week so i have no idea how to use it. It took me two days just to figure out how to get into the device using the serial port. That all being said i need a link to a good manual for someone that knows nothing about this thing. I looked around but could not find anything that was very helpful.

My more pressing issue. We just got several new Ipads so that some people could use them to check their email when they are away from their desk, but the will not connect to our exchange server when on our wireless connection. I believe the problem is that they are using the external IP address for the exchange server and that wont resolve internally. I also believe the solution is to setup some sort of NAT reflection to point the external IP address back at the exchange server. the problem is i have no idea how to do this on Zeroshell. any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

jasons

Since no one has any input on my problem could someone at lest help me access the web GUI? from what i have read it should be as simple as typing the devices ip address into the browser but that is not working. is there a trick to this? ANY help would be appreciated. We are running zeroshell 1.0.beta11b on a PC engines alix2d3 if that helps any.

thanks

JamesR

@jasons wrote:

long story short, I just got hired by a company after their old IT guy left. He set them up using a Zeroshell router but left no information as to how it works or is setup. I had never even heard of Zeroshell before last week so i have no idea how to use it. It took me two days just to figure out how to get into the device using the serial port. That all being said i need a link to a good manual for someone that knows nothing about this thing. I looked around but could not find anything that was very helpful.

My more pressing issue. We just got several new Ipads so that some people could use them to check their email when they are away from their desk, but the will not connect to our exchange server when on our wireless connection. I believe the problem is that they are using the external IP address for the exchange server and that wont resolve internally. I also believe the solution is to setup some sort of NAT reflection to point the external IP address back at the exchange server. the problem is i have no idea how to do this on Zeroshell. any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

I used 2.0 RC2 but all I had to do was go to NAT under setup and pick the outside interface for NAT.

WMD

I agree with JamesR. Just click router then NAT. Highlight the NIC that connects to your modem and click the arrows sending it to the right side. Save it and you should be good.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.