HELP – My BONDING Test failed

Home Page Forums Network Management Networking HELP – My BONDING Test failed

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  matthew.a.squires 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I tested the BONDING using two LAN to LAN VPN connections between two sites.
    Once the two LAN to LAN VPN Connection were active, accessing the remote desktop worked superbly

SCERIANO: I configured the BONDING for “Fault Tolerance” and “Load Balance”
    When I failed any one of the LAN to LAN VPN connections, the failover was sporadic at best. When I tried to access the remote desktop, the connection was very slow (Modem Speed) and/or the attempt to connect to the remote desktop dropped.

Now!!
    I was using one ISP connection at each site. Even through it may not be considered a true “Fault Tolerance” and “Load Balance” with Failover scenario; I thought or at least expected that the ISP bandwidth would remain constant or full, when any one of the LAN to LAN VPN connections failed. In this case it did not. The bandwidth was cut in half; at most.

Now the expectation is that if I was using two ISP’s per site, BONDED them with “Fault Tolerance” and “Load Balance” and created a single LAN to LAN VPN between two sites, I would have a benefit of one full ISP bandwidth if the other ISP failed.

QUESTION: Is their a reason why the test I did cut the single ISP bandwidth in half?
    Is there a reason a BONDED LAN to LAN VPN connections cuts the bandwidth in half and does not release it when one of the LAN to LAN VPN connections fail?
    Or am I just wrong and in-experienced in my design and testing?

imported_fulvio
    Participant

All these problems regarding the failover of VPN aggregations are solved in the beta11 release. You should wait before testing VPN bonding.

Regards
    Fulvio

Thank You, and I look forward to the new release.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.