HDD Installation

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell HDD Installation

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ingenriqueromero 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Does someone can help me with the installation of Zeroshell in my computer, i have a Pentium Quadcore with a 250Gb SATA HDD.

My problem is when i install the zero shell using the PDF manual y get this error:

Probing [1] USB and SATA devices to startup the system
    …….
    The i get this error
    Kernel panic – not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount roof fs on unkown – block (1,2)

I put mi fist partition /dev/sda1 as bootable but the error continues does somebody have any idea?

Thanks

ppalias

There is a slight chance the disk controller is not recognized by the ZS and that is why you get the kernel panic.

@ppalias wrote:

There is a slight chance the disk controller is not recognized by the ZS and that is why you get the kernel panic.

Thanks for you reply, do you know a way to solve this?

Thanks

ppalias

If this is the issue you need to enhance the kernel with support for the controller.

@ppalias wrote:

If this is the issue you need to enhance the kernel with support for the controller.

Ok thanks i`ll try to recompile the kernel or something like this, i don`t know.

Anyways thank you.

ppalias

Another more simple thought is to try to force the sata controller to work as Legacy IDE.

JC

is there a hidden partition on the drive? that can cause issues sometimes.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.