HD install error – unknown filesystem type ‘vfat’

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell HD install error – unknown filesystem type ‘vfat’

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  mountainman 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mountainman
    Participant

Apologies for what’s doubtless a noob question, but…

I’m trying to install ZS on the hard drive I’ve partitioned and formatted the HD, have zeroshell.img.gz on the thumb drive, but when I try to mount it (mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt/loop1) I get “unknown filesystem type ‘vfat'”. Tried two thumb drives, one’s FAT16 and the other is FAT32. What am I doing wrong?

SpeedD408

Having the same issue here as well. Would love to know the answer. I booted from a 2.0-RC2 CD and I can’t get the USB drive to mount (same “vfat” error as you have).

Yhoni

I also am trying to install on the hard disk Zeroshell and try to mount the usb stick I get the error “unknown filesystem type ‘vfat’.” Does anyone know how to fix it?.

thanks

Yhoni

@yhoni wrote:

I also am trying to install on the hard disk Zeroshell and try to mount the usb stick I get the error “unknown filesystem type ‘vfat’.” Does anyone know how to fix it?.

thanks

The solution is to format the usb in EXT3.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.