GUI suggestions, DHCP options, Forum improvement

Home Page Forums Network Management Request a new feature GUI suggestions, DHCP options, Forum improvement

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  mmork 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

mmork

Hi Fulvio,

First I would like to thank you for a very good and stable program.
    It really helps simplify matters and save money for our non-profit organization!!!

Even though it’s a quite intuitive interface, I would like to suggest a litte change:

1) Sometimes I get ‘lost’, not knowing at what tab I’m doing changes. So I would like some kind of visible marking, that makes it totally clear at what tab I’m looking. Maybe another color of the tab, or inverting the colors, or …

2) I’m not using all the many features in this feature-packed router software, so only some of the features are actually activated. I would like to be able to see at a glance, what services are running, and which are not. Maybe the red dots in the left pane could be used? For example, make them grey when a feature is disabled, green when it’s enabled and running, and red when it’s enabled and supposed to be running, but for some reason is stopped. Does that sound like a good idea?

Not that I’m dissatisfied, but just thought it could be improved a little.

Now, I would also like to suggest a feature enhancement:

1) I would like to be able to use some of the more advanced options in the DHCP. Specifically I need the ‘option 82’ or ‘Relay Agent Information’ to provide IP adresses. In this way I could make sure that users on a specific switchport got a certain IP adress or a spedific range, without having to setup a bunch of vlans for that purpose (as I do now).

A nice improvement for the forum or ZS-site, would be a ‘Feature request list with status’.

It is difficult to find out if others have suggested the same thing, so a list of allready suggested features, together with a kind of status, like: ‘Under consideration’, ‘Rejected’, ‘Will be implented in ver. X.xx’ … or similar.

Thank you again for your dligence and hard work, and for considering these suggestions …

Martin Mørk
    Denmark

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Very nice suggestions.

Thanks
    Fulvio

christian

@mmork wrote:

1) I would like to be able to use some of the more advanced options in the DHCP. Specifically I need the ‘option 82’ or ‘Relay Agent Information’ to provide IP adresses.
    …/…
    A nice improvement for the forum or ZS-site, would be a ‘Feature request list with status’.
    …/…
    Thank you again for your dligence and hard work, and for considering these suggestions …

+1

I fully share, not that I’m willing to use DHCP option 82 but having capability to use some custom DHCP option will definitely help.

Christian

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.