> Gigabit speeds Hardware

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell > Gigabit speeds Hardware

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  badassbob 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

badassbob
    Participant

Hello, and a good day to you. I was wondering what you recommend for hardware specs for greater than 1Gigabit speeds.

We are currently using Ecessa PowerLinks 175ehq models between 3 sites, and very soon we are adding a 1 gig point to point circuit between our main datacenter (Core) & our DR/backup site (edge). Our current powerlink units can do multilink channel bonding that we send our vpn traffic over, but they cannot handle more the 175-200M of traffic. So we are looking for a solution between our core datacenter & out backup site (and maybe even our other edge office).

What do you recommend for hardware based on the speeds of each circuit at each location (speed listed as down/up)

Core – datacenter
    1G/1G
    100M/100M
    100M/20M
    10M/10M

Backup DR sire
    1G/1G
    100M/100M
    100M/20M
    10M/10M

Office 3
    50M/50M
    50M/5M
    5M/5M

Ideally we would like to bond these link together at each site & pass our vpn traffic through the bonded channel(s)

Any thought on hardware specs we should use to provide combined speeds above would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

reaperz

Since this is Zeroshell forum, I can say I am using Intel Atom D525 CPU based Zeroshell routers on each site. I have 100/100 connections on most sites. And I use site-to-site VPN between them. Atom D525 CPU is just about enough for 100M VPN, close to 100% CPU usage. If you need something faster, you need to get better hardware.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.