Gigabit network card driver problem

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Gigabit network card driver problem

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  netsysadmin 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

netsysadmin

Hi all,

I have installed 3 Netgear GA311 Gigabit NICs on my firewall. ZeroShell uses the

“Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8169 Gigabit Ethernet (rev 10)”

driver for these NICs. In addition, for the integrated network adapter, the driver

“Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller (rev 01)”

has been installed by ZeroShell.

However, none of them work when connected to Gigabit Ethernet ports on a switch. They do work when connected to Fast Ethernet ports.

Can anything be done so that the NICs work properly at Gigabit speed?

Thanks a lot.

netsysadmin

I managed to get the drivers for the network adapters from the Realtek website.
    I have also downloaded binutils-2.17-i386.tar.bz2, glibc-2.8-includes-zs.tar.bz2, linux-2.6.25.17-zs-i386.tar.bz2, gcc-4.3.2-zs-i386.tar.bz2 and static-lib.tar.bz2.

Can anyone tell me how to proceed to install these in ZeroShell so as to be able to compile the network adapter driver/module in ZeroShell ?

Thanks for any help.

netsysadmin

Anyone has any idea how I can compile and install the Gigabit Ethernet drivers?
    Do I have to go through all the steps described here?

Thanks for any help.

netsysadmin

Is anyone using Gigabit Ethernet network adapters with ZeroShell?
    If yes, are you successfully using the default drivers/modules installed by ZeroShell?

Thanks for any feedback

ppalias

Intel pro1000 NIC working fine with e1000 module.

netsysadmin

OK. Anyone has been successful with a Realtek chipset?

netsysadmin

It’s working now.
    Seems the cable was the problem!
    Thanks for all help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.