freshman’s remarks

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell freshman’s remarks

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ppalias 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

ppalias

Hello!
    New user of Zeroshell here! Congratulations for the excellent work! Some remarks I would like to point:
    1) Couldn’t find any snmp daemon which would help me represent the traffic on mrtg. Is there something or are you preparing it for a later version?
    2) My miniboard has embedded cf reader on /dev/hdd and currently in order to boot the image I have installed a cf-to-IDE and attached it to primary IDE cable. Is there any way to chenge grub or something similar in order to boot from /dev/hdd?
    3) I was not able to operate the dyndns client of Zeroshell with 2 accounts over the different ADSLs. By the time I enabled it, it disabled itself alsmost immediately cause it was constantly updating with my 2 IP addresses the same account. So as a workaround I made a policy based routing on Zeroshell to forward dyndns update packets from another linux box that are marked with iptables to the correct connection. Have you come across to a more politically correct solution for this scenario?

If you need my help to anything regarding the Zeroshell project I will be happy to assist.

ppalias

Hi again and happy new year to all.

Any ideas at least regarding the 2nd question with the boot sequence order?

Thank you!

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Starting with the release 1.0.beta10 it is possible to boot from any IDE channel.

Regards
    Fulvio

ppalias

I tried yesterday to boot from secondary slave and it failed. At the point that it should show the GRUB menu, the screen goes black and after 3 seconds it reboots. Any ideas why is this behavior?

BlueLotus

Thanks, I am new to zeroshell. I have downloaded the application successfully. As you stated here I have downloaded the latest version and try booting from secondary slave and it failed. Do you have any idea why this happened? Thanks in advance.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.