Forcing WPA2 Enterprise Operation

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Forcing WPA2 Enterprise Operation

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  lynden 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

lynden

Hi.

I’m trying to configure zeroshell to operate in WPA2 Enterprsie mode exclusively ie wpa=2 and wpa_pairwise=CCMP.

From ps -ef i can see that hostapd is spawned with a configuration file in /tmp/wifi-ETH02.conf.

I can also see that the file /root/kerbynet.cgi/template/hostapd-config/wpa-eap.conf is used as the basis of the configuration file in the /tmp directory (when I configure WPA-EAP).

How can I make permanent changes to force WPA2 Enterprise operation. Where is hostapd spawned and which script generates the hostapd configuration file in the /tmp directory? How can I make changes to a RO partition to edit the hostapd configuration file directly?

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Put the modified version of the file /root/kerbynet.cgi/template/hostapd-config/wpa-eap.conf in the /Database directory.
    Go in the form [Setup][Startup/Cron] and select the [Pre Boot] script. In the editor put the line

cp /Database/wpa-eap.conf /root/kerbynet.cgi/template/

Enable the Pre Boot script.

Regards
    Fulvio

stevem

Hello,

I want to do exactly what lynden describes above, in 1.0.Beta12, but fulvio’s solution does not work. I followed the steps Fulvio describes exactly, but the changes do not take effect. /tmp/wifi-ETH04.conf still shows wpa=1 and wpa_pairwise=TKIP CCMP (the default values).

Any yes, the pre-boot script is enabled and executes without errors at bootup.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

ppalias

Fulvio’s command is not correct, he missed a directory. The correct command is:

cp /Database/wpa-eap.conf /root/kerbynet.cgi/template/hostapd-config/wpa-eap.conf

stevem

@ppalias wrote:

Fulvio’s command is not correct, he missed a directory. The correct command is:

cp /Database/wpa-eap.conf /root/kerbynet.cgi/template/hostapd-config/wpa-eap.conf

Thanks, ppalias! Your solution worked.

Regards,

Steve

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.