Force internal host to use one interface under net balancer

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Force internal host to use one interface under net balancer

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  xoy 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

xoy

I have a zeroshell setup as net balancer with 2 WAN interfaces.
    However, I need a certain internal host to use only the first WAN interface when sending outbound packets (it’s an IP PBX and it doesn’t work properly when jumping from one WAN IP to another).
    I tried adding something like this to the scripts/cron
    iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING 1 -s 1.2.3.4 -o ETH01 -j SNAT –to-source 5.6.7.8
    but it only works partially – when using the ETH01 to go out, it uses the 5.6.7.8 IP address rather than the default one.
    Any idea ?

francozamp

@xoy wrote:

I have a zeroshell setup as net balancer with 2 WAN interfaces.
    I tried adding something like this to the scripts/cron
    iptables -t nat -I POSTROUTING?

There is a dedicated section to add balancing “exceptions”, so that you can tell which traffic goes to a specific WAN. This will also maintain the failover, so that in case of failure, still the traffic goes to the other WAN (if completely stick to the WAN with failure you will have no service at all).

F.

xoy

@francozamp wrote:

There is a dedicated section to add balancing “exceptions”, so that you can tell which traffic goes to a specific WAN. This will also maintain the failover, so that in case of failure, still the traffic goes to the other WAN (if completely stick to the WAN with failure you will have no service at all).
    F.

Is it under Net Balancer / Balancing Rules ? Could you please give me an example of how to use it ? I tried to create a rule specifying the Source IP field and TARGET GATEWAY as the gateway for the WAN I want to use, but it doesn’t appear to work.

xoy

@xoy wrote:

@francozamp wrote:

F.

Is it under Net Balancer / Balancing Rules ? Could you please give me an example of how to use it ? I tried to create a rule specifying the Source IP field and TARGET GATEWAY as the gateway for the WAN I want to use, but it doesn’t appear to work.

Bump…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.