Filter the content of the web pages with DansGuardian

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Filter the content of the web pages with DansGuardian

This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_fulvio 4 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

imported_fulvio
    Participant

A preconfigured version of DansGuardian is available, that cooperating with the transparent proxy service, allows to filter the unwanted web pages. The default configuration blocks the web pages containing adult material. More details available at URL http://www.zeroshell.net/eng/patch-details#AA00

Regards
    Fulvio

madifor

I installed it and worked directly, great Job..
    However,Is it possible to change it’s default configuration files.

If so, how can this be done

regards

Eddy

imported_fulvio
    Participant

You can change the configuration of DansGuardian by editing the files placed in /etc/dansguardian that is a symbolic link to a database area permanently stored. To force DansGuardian to restart and reread the configuration you can run the script /root/kerbynet.cgi/proxy_bg. Use the command

ps -ef

to check when the havp and dansguardian daemons have actually started.

Regards
    Fulvio

Installed this today…worked like a charm right off the bat. Changed the “naughtyness” level to 50 as I have small kids.

Gotta say…another great addition to an already superb production. Thanks Fulvio!!!!

@fulvio wrote:

You can change the configuration of DansGuardian by editing the files placed in /etc/dansguardian that is a symbolic link to a database area permanently stored. To force DansGuardian to restart and reread the configuration you can run the script /root/kerbynet.cgi/proxy_bg. Use the command

ps -ef

to check when the havp and dansguardian daemons have actually started.

Regards
    Fulvio

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Thanks
    Fulvio

izilic

I would like to know how to install dansgguardian in beta10

best Regards,

IAZS

imported_fulvio
    Participant

I have not released DansGuardian for the 1.0.beta10 of Zeroshell. At the moment the package only exists for the 1.0.beta9. Apply all patches and then DG.

Regards
    Fulvio

paxvor

gee i missed this one, i should try this

in case anyone didn’t notice, please tell me why does this link ( http://www.zeroshell.net/eng/proxy-antivirus/) says that ..” At the moment, the only way to block or allow display of web pages is the blacklisting and whitelisting of web pages as shown in the figure…”

it’s confusing ..
    coz once i read that, i assume there’s no web filtering capability in zeroshell ..

still, it’s awesome firewall

imported_fulvio
    Participant

That is because the document on the proxy has been written before than DansGuardian has been release as external package.
    In any case, thanks for the advice. I will have to update the documentation.

Regards
    Fulvio

CHAPINOU

Hello Fulvio!

I installed the BA2X dansguardian on Zeroshell 3.3.1, and I noticed that each time you restart Zeroshell I’ll have to reinstall and reconfigure dansguardian, thank you to answer me if it’s a bug or c is a package incompatibility

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.