Feature Requests & Timescales?

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Feature Requests & Timescales?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ajl37 11 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

ajl37

Hi, Just wondered if either of the following could be made available in later realeases?

DHCP: Is it possible to extend the number of DHCP ranges to more than 3?

DHCP: Add another section to allow exceptions to the DHCP range. i.e. set a range of 192.168.1.1-192.168.1.255 but exclude 192.168.1.60, 192.168.1.100 & 192.168.1.200 – Otherwise I would need to do 4 ranges (only possible (I think) if you can do item 1). I have some systems that do not work well with DHCP.

Question:
    Do you have any time scales for implementing the Proxy, as I would take this up as soon as it became available. I would be willing to do some testing. I have about 1000 clients that would be running through it.

Thanks
    Andrew

imported_fulvio
    Participant

DHCP: Is it possible to extend the number of DHCP ranges to more than 3?

You will be able to use 4 IP ranges in the next release of Zeroshell. The range exclution it is a bit more complicate and I am not sure if I can implement it in the 1.0.beta8 release.

Do you have any time scales for implementing the Proxy, as I would take this up as soon as it became available. I would be willing to do some testing. I have about 1000 clients that would be running through it.

The web proxy with Clam AV antivirus could be available in the 1.0.beta9 release in January.

Regards
    Fulvio

ajl37

@fulvio wrote:

You will be able to use 4 IP ranges in the next release of Zeroshell. The range exclution it is a bit more complicate and I am not sure if I can implement it in the 1.0.beta8 release.

Thats fine, the exclusions are not extremely important, I can work round them for now.

@fulvio wrote:

The web proxy with Clam AV antivirus could be available in the 1.0.beta9 release in January.

That would be fantastic. I don’t know how Proxy’s generally work if they do not have a locally copy of the requested file, but my requirement would be for the page to be collected from the remote site using the clients details (IP & Mac) rather than the Proxy’s. I believe this can be done using ebtables.

Thanks
    Andrew

ncat987

would it be possible to add a feature that will pickup dhcp from a DSL or Cable modem automatically so that it would be easier and faster to get a system up and operational. At present i am running the beta 7 release of the CF 512mb version on a hard drive and i am highly impressed with the speed. i would also like to know of see if it would be possible to get a release schedule as i am anxious to use the other features not yet available.

The system overall is outstanding.

imported_fulvio
    Participant

The IP on the PPPoE connections for DSL and cable modem is already automacally assigned.

In December will be available the release 1.0.beta8 with the net balancer to create Load Balancing and Fault tolerance WAN connections and in Jennuary the release 1.0.beta9 with the Squid proxy and Clam AV antivirus to scan the web pages.

Regards
    Fulvio

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.