Feature request Radius atribute inclusion

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Feature request Radius atribute inclusion

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  jstrebel 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

jstrebel

Fulvio, it is really great what you have put together!

Would it be possible to add per user Radius attributes.
    In my case I like to see attribute 27 session timeout and eventually attrubute 28 Idle Timeout. In this case if the Zeroshell gets a Radius request from a AP it will get a session timeout value if the user gets access by Radius.

I am not a Radius expert. May be this is far more complicated.

Best regards
    Jakob

imported_fulvio
    Participant

In one of the next releases I am going to configure the FreeRadius server to be more general purpose. At the moment the only parameter that you are able to configure for an user is the VLAN ID for the wireless access points that support the multi-SSID associated at
    the 802.1q VLANs.
    Now I have added your requests to my todo list.

Regards
    Fulvio

jstrebel

Fulvio,
    thanks for the good news. I think this is a great project you are driving ahead.

Jakob

jstrebel

Fulvio,
    my apology to ask you about this again.
    Just let me know is the enhancement (increase) of radius attribute list still in your agenda. Since we have now the great UMTS fail over i see value for more flexibility in the Radius authentication.
    Thanks Jakob

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Yes, it is in my ToDo list. I know the importance of the possibility to customize the Radius attributes included in the reply. Maybe it will be included in the next release.

Regards
    Fulvio

Could I add another vote for the Radius return attribute feature?

I have a switch which authenticates servers / VLANS using 802.1X / RADIUS. Using Funk softwares steel belted RADIUS I would do this by going:

Users > Return List Attributes Tab > Ins
    Add new attributes window select ‘Filter ID’
    Enter attribute string

Is this the same thing as jstrebel wanted or a different type of attribute?

Jeff

ptaylor

I’m pretty sure this is exactly what they are talking about. I just now ran across this thread because I too have come across a need to return custom attributes to indicate whether the user has ReadOnly or ReadWrite access to the device. The device in this instance is a Cisco Wireless LAN Controller, which requires a return attribute to let users login…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.