Failover IP addresses – what causes a fault condition ?

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Failover IP addresses – what causes a fault condition ?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  mark_orion 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #41904

    mark_orion
    Member

    I am unclear about the behavior of the Failover Monitor. What condition has be met that a gateway is seen as not available:
    – Do all three failover IPs have to be down on the gateway ?
    – If a failover IP is down on all gateways – does ZS ignore it then ?
    – If all three IPs are down on all gateways – will ZS close all gateways or will it ignore the situation ?
    thanks for any help, Mark

    #48724

    ppalias
    Member

    @mark_orion wrote:

    I am unclear about the behavior of the Failover Monitor. What condition has be met that a gateway is seen as not available:
    – Do all three failover IPs have to be down on the gateway ?

    Yes, that is why are 3 and not 1, to make sure that if one of them is down ZS will not consider the connection as dead.

    @mark_orion wrote:

    – If a failover IP is down on all gateways – does ZS ignore it then ?

    It doesn’t really matter, if the other Failover IP addresses are up and reply at the test, the module considers the interface as ok.

    @mark_orion wrote:

    – If all three IPs are down on all gateways – will ZS close all gateways or will it ignore the situation ?
    thanks for any help, Mark

    Not sure about that, most likely it will consider the gateways as down.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.