EAP-TTLS (HOW???)

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell EAP-TTLS (HOW???)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  DevilWAH 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

DevilWAH

Ok very new to radius servers. I have set up the basic Radius serve and can get my laptop to authenticate using a certificate.. however I would like to be able to have people authenticate with out having to use a certificate

by the way this is WPA encryption I am talking about.

is there any way to do this and if so how exactly do I go about it?

I dont seem to be able to find any setting to change between different authentication settings in the radius settings. even though the notes down the bottom talk about it?

Cheers

With EAP TTLS the client challenges a server for identity using a certificate and then the server challenges the client using a certificate before sending user authentications.
    This form of security is very strong but requires loading certificates on all computers trying to log onto the network in this manner.
    Another form which is slightly less tedious is PEAP. With this only the client challenges the server for it’s identify before sending credentials like username and password. In any case only the server would need a certificate installed. FYI the radius server is smart enough to know what authentication type to use while the encryption method is usually hardware or software dependent on the Access Point being used.
    Does this satisfy your question?

DevilWAH

Yep that sounds perfect 🙂 thank you

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.