Dual Wan failover and failback

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Dual Wan failover and failback

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  joti1978 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

joti1978

Hi all,

I want to use ZeroShell as dual wan router for two separate internet connection from two different ISPs.
    One connection is primary and will be always online, the other will be only for backup if the first one fails. I want also that when the first one is restored the router can make a failback to the primary connection.

Two connection have different DNS…
    Also we have to consider that behind the router there is a service hosted on one host… so port forwarding must be same for both internet connections.

Can I do all this with ZeroShell? Thanks for help.

vdlp

Yes !!! You can do this, you just have to use the manual post in the site and everything go all right.

joti1978

@vdlp wrote:

Yes !!! You can do this, you just have to use the manual post in the site and everything go all right.

Thanks… does the port forwarding works for both connections from requests from internet to the host behind the Zeroshell? (just for confirmation)
    I don’t see on the manuals that the the line failback when is restored, could you please direct me to the right manual?

ppalias

It works fine, I have the same setup as you do.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.