Dual WAN, 2, 3G providers, possible on Zeroshell?

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Dual WAN, 2, 3G providers, possible on Zeroshell?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  agidi 10 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

agidi

Hello guys

I’m a regular user of PFSENSE, don’t flame me, I did not know zeroshell existen until I did some searches. I’m in the need of building a dual WAN router, with two 3G USB dongles. Different cell providers.

PFsense does not exactly support 3G devices. I’ve read ZeroShell does, but can it handle 2? Which brand of dongle does it support? One provider uses SonyEricsson or some chinese huwei brand, the other has a Franklin device.

The other issue here, is that this is going to be in a remote location. How reliable can this 3G things be in conecting after a hard shutdown?

all comments and pointers are welcomed.
    thanks!

ppalias

I’ll answer you to those that I am aware of.
    As long as your dongles are supported by ZS you can add them at the NetBalancer and have a dual wan router.
    My ZS has rebooted quite a lot times due to power outage, without any problem on the boot. Just make sure you disable disk writing (logs, statistics) to avoid file system corruption.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.