Doing DNS Correctly in ZS

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Doing DNS Correctly in ZS

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  fulvio 6 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

cdpearce
    Participant

For many years I have used Zeroshell to handle local DNS for our office. Something like this:
    I have a zone: office.example.com defined in the Zeroshell DNS.
    I have configured ZS to use external DNS servers as Forwarders to handle requests outside the office.

Now, I would like to add management of our external DNS zone (example.com) to Zeroshell. I don’t plan to make it the actual server that responds to DNS requests, but to hold a Master Zone that gets replicated to external slave servers that would do the actual responding to the internet. These slaves would get updated when I update the Master Zone. The slaves would become the authoritative servers for example.com.

I want to make sure that my local DNS zone (office.example.com) does not get exported to the slave servers and published.

Can someone advise me if I can do this with ZS and if so a quick guide to set it up?
    Thanks!

fulvio
    Keymaster

You should add the IP addresses of the DNS slave servers in the Authorized Slave DNS servers of Zeroshell. On the slave servers you can configure the domain to be replicated from Zeroshell.

Regards
    Fulvio

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.