DNSSEC potential problem

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell DNSSEC potential problem

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  jeremya 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

jeremya

Hi,

I read this article on The Register http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/04/13/dnssec/

It says that there will be a DNS problem starting around 5 May this year.

I went to the linked site and ran the DNS test program on the zeroshell DNS resolver. This produced a fail result – maximum UDP packet size was 512 bytes, which will cause real problems after 5 May.

Is there any work-around for this?

Thanks

ppalias

Bottom line says that it is more ISP dependent, rather than modem-router (including ZS). Which means that the ISP should support DNSSEC and not necessarily the client equiprment. I have another linux box (Slackware 13.0) running bind which also failed to pass the test, so I hope that my ISP will do the necessary upgrades.

atheling

This will be interesting to see played out. At home I have my Zeroshell box set to use OpenDNS for non-local addresses. Turns out my employer and a lot of other companies also use OpenDNS.

OpenDNS appears to have no plans to support DNSsec but is, instead pushing DNSCurve.

I may have no Internet service after the 5th. 🙁

I guess I had better make a note of my ISPs’s DNS server addresses and set those for Zeroshell to resolve to if needed. And then hope that my two ISPs are setup for this transition.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.