DNS Slave

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell DNS Slave

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  sbarreth 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

sbarreth

Maybe I’m trying to do the impossible, admittely i have about an 85% understanding of DNS…

Here’s the deal.. I set up a zone for my hosting servers abchost.net, created my hosts, cnames, mx’s etc. This is a master dns server for abchost.net.

i have several web appliances a mix and match of windows and linux and want them to update to this server as well. I have tried taking name form one of the appliances and putting in the slave zone area, do the transfer, and then view the records, but they are not transferring? I don’t see a place where i can put in the rndc_keys…. and I would prefer not to manually enter one domain at a time, but rather replicate the full dns information from several web appliances. Some running bind some running windows. Is this even possible?

imported_fulvio
    Participant

I have not understood if you use zeroshell to implement your master dns. In this case you need to authorize the slave by adding it IP address in [DNS][Slave Zones][Authorized Slave DNS servers] form of the web interface.

Regards
    Fulvio

sbarreth

I am using zero shell for one of my master dns servers. Someone else manages a 1st and 2nd master using bind. zeroshell is the master for abchost.net, but I have many other domains i want it to be a slave for…

So will i need to add each domain as a slave domain, or can i tell zeroshell to download all domain information from these other hosting/dns appliances?

imported_fulvio
    Participant

To create a slave dns zone on Zeroshell you have to add the domain name and the IP of the master in the form [DNS][Slave Zones][Slave Zones on this DNS server]. After that, probably, you need on the master dns to authorize the IP of zeroshell to obtain a zone transfer. To try if the replica works click the button [Transfer].

I hope to have helped you
    Fulvio

sbarreth

Now I am recieving this… port 53 does seem to be open for telnet
    18:02:09 transfer of ‘xxconomy.com/IN’ from 66.97.xxx.xxx#53: connected using 66.97.xxx.xxx#3364
    18:02:09 transfer of ‘xxxconomy.com/IN’ from 66.97.xxx.xxx#53: failed while receiving responses: REFUSED
    18:02:09 transfer of ‘xxxconomy.com/IN’ from 66.97.xxx.xxx#53: end of transfer

Also is there a way to activate ssh from any ip?

imported_fulvio
    Participant

The bind listens on UDP port therefore you shouldn’t use telnet to test the communication because it use TCP.

The problem is that you have not authorized the Zeroshell DNS on the master DNS with the IP 66.97.xxx.xxx.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.