DNS Problem access captive portal

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell DNS Problem access captive portal

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  simone.fil 3 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

simone.fil

Hello everyone.
    I need to install a wireless network, which gives the free and open access to customers after a login with your full name and email. To do this, the network I was advised to use Zeroshell and Zerotruth, therefore, to start with I have a PC with dual LAN card and followed the instructions to configure Zeroshell.

I’m having the problem, because by the Zeroshell firewall downstream PC can not access anything (not even I open the captive page) if you do not put the DNS in the network settings of each individual PC. Once I plug in a PC dns (example the Google 8.8.8.8 ) everything works perfectly, I will open the page of the captive, I enter my credentials, and I work perfectly. It’s for days that I’m trying but I can not solve the problem. The PCs have to navigate with dynamic DNS. Unfortunately I can not.
    Sorry for my bad English. 🙄

I ask you for help.
    Thank you very much in advance.

redfive
    Participant

That’s odd enough …. How did you set the DNS section in ZS, ‘Forwarders’ ? And what about the DHCP section, DNS ? If you look at the ip config of one pc, what is shown about the DNS ?
    Regards

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.