dhcpd server already running

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell dhcpd server already running

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  tgunr 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

tgunr

I am receiving a message in the dhcp log “There’s already a DHCP server running.”. I have 2 interfaces ETH0 = WAN and ZS is serving up DHCP just fine but on ETH01 my LAN side there are no replies to DHCP requests.

Sniffing the LAN, there is no other DHCP server running so why am I getting this error?. I am running a plain jane ZS configuration and my alternate ZS running as a virtual server runs dhcp just fine on both interfaces.

I have been poking around on the net for hours, trying all sorts of things. Checking the pid file, conf file etc.

My conf file is at: http://paste.lisp.org/display/93513

Can anyone provide more clues?

tgunr

For those who stumble across a similar problem. I finally went and hooked my LAN on my ZS computer directly to my MacPro for testing. Turned off the dhcp server on ZS and turned it back on and it started serving IP to my Mac. Plugged it back into the LAN switch and everything is working. I have no idea what fixed it other than a stale cache somewhere.

BTW, on ZS the DHCP log still says another DHCP server is running but it is handing out IP regardless.

jt

My zeroshell dhcp log always shows that message, too. But it works correctly.
    16:24:35 Sending on Socket/fallback/fallback-net
    16:24:35 There’s already a DHCP server running.

ppalias

This could be dangerous, since if another dhcp server is active a client might get the IP/mask/GW from the wrong one and not be able to access the net.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.