Development stalled?

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Development stalled?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Matt
    Participant

Howdy,

Since the last release was over a year ago, would you say that development of Zeroshell has stalled?

Thanks,

-Matt

Kate Taralin
    Participant

Since I started to live alone, I was using accounting services online that is helping to deal with my business. This accounting service is helping to deal with documentation, helps to support business in UK.

I was looking into this project, but discovered this unpatched security risk 🙁
    https://blog.quake.so/post/zeroshell_linux_router_rce/
    So maybe development is stalled.

DrmCa
    Participant

It looks like everything stalled.
    First, Fulvio lost interest to answering any questions on the forum.
    Then this.

Fulvio, if you are not answering questions, no one is going to adopt Zeroshell.
    Currently, you keep losing existing users but not gaining any new ones because this project is about as good as dead in the water. I’ve been doing fine for almost a decade but whenever I try something more complex than a direct internet connection, it just does not work, and there is absolutely zero help here, in the forum, other than from a rare knowledgeable member who has free time. Now I have complete show-stopper issues and again, zero help. Might as well scrap Zeroshell and get a FreeBSD based router distro. At least their forums are alive.

svenny
    Participant

I was looking into this project, but discovered this unpatched security risk 🙁
    https://blog.quake.so/post/zeroshell_linux_router_rce/
    So maybe development is stalled.

I have no way now to test it but I think this was resolved in 3.9.4.

I would like to test it on my hardware (APU) but there is no USB image of 3.9.4, only ISO.

Please Fulvio give us a sign… 😉

Ciao

DrmCa
    Participant

> I would like to test it on my hardware (APU) but there is no USB image of 3.9.4, only ISO.

There are a couple options:
    1. If you just burn ISO to a USB stick with dd, it may just boot. Some BIOSs know to boot from any media.
    2. If #1 does not work, there is a Microsoft tool for going from ISO to USB image. Google it.

Reiner Seifried
    Participant

Easy to use, reliable, just the features I need, …
    A really really great tool.

Fulvio, what’s the problem?
    Do you need help?
    Please give us some feedback.

Thanks,
    Reiner

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.