dansguardian in beta12

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell dansguardian in beta12

This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  TimSibley 9 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

TimSibley

Hi,
    I have been running version 11 as a captive portal for a wifi network with the dansguardian add on for a few months now with no problem. I have updated the system to v12 and reinstalled the dansguardian addon with the same configuration.
    The problem is that dansguardian does not seem to be working and no logs are visible from the control panel.
    Any ideas?

Tim

giancagianca

dansguardian is for beta 11. For beta 12 now is not available.

bye.

TimSibley

Thanks.
    I am running a live cd with hard disk for settings storage, can I just reboot from version 11 cd to undo the v12 update?

Tim

giancagianca

I think it is possible but i have not tested.
    Make a copy of database and try.

Bye

TimSibley

Yes put the v11 cd in and rebooted and all running fine. When an updated v.12 dansguardian is available i will start using v12
    Thanks for your help and the cool software.
    Tim

JC

Is there going to be an update to dansguardian anytime soon? I am at a school and now that we started using the content filter we cant go back!

thanks
    JC

I’m very surprised at how many people are using Zeroshell in a production environment. This software is still in beta and that should be a huge warning to do extensive testing in a development network first before pushing to live.

yum

ZeroShell can be used in production environment, imho. Traffic shaping feature is very useful.

matth

I use it in a production environment and love it. I might choose something different to be infront of 500 users, but it suits my needs.

I DO however require Dan’s Guardian before I try v12. Hopefully the proxy will be a bit more stable in this new release.

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Yes, proxy is more stable in the beta12 release.

Regards
    Fulvio

JC

YAY!!! Tks for gettin that update out so quickly. Now we can get updated.

thanks again!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.