Connecting to a remote site using GSM/3G

Home Page Forums Network Management Networking Connecting to a remote site using GSM/3G

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  jstrebel 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

jstrebel

Hi,
    after reading and searching in the forum I did not get a clear Idea what is the best (easiest) way to solve my problem.

I need to have a “emergency” access to a unmanned, remote site in case the main connection of this site to the Internet fails. If this situation occurs I like to communicate to the Router at this location using a ZS with USBGSM stick. On both sites I have only dynamic IP Adresses. (If I am right I can’t use IPSEC if the two ends of a connection are with dynamic addresses)

The emergency szenario: Remote site a ZS connected via a USB-GSM modem to the Internet. (The IP Address range of the GSM Networks is private 10.x.x.x) In the ZS I intend to activate a DynDNS. I see in the DYNDNS service that the IP address of the remote site changes his address.

On the Local Site I intend to open a connection from PC/MAC to the remote ZS to access the main Router.

Q: What is the recommended solution?
    thank you in advance helping me saving time.
    jakob

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.