Connecting access point to access point

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Connecting access point to access point

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  skumaran 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

skumaran

Hello,

I am currently working on a project where I have installed Zeroshell in my Soekris board and I also have a wireless card configured as an Access point.
    I have two boards similar in configuration, with both configured as Access points(AP mode in Zeroshell Wifi Manager)

Now I would like to establish a communication between these 2 Soekris boards wirelessly with both the boards configured as Access points. I would like to know if it is possible to connect an access point to another access point wirelessly using Zeroshell.

Thanks

chrisabc

WDS?

skumaran

Yes I would like to do something similar to the Wireless Distribution system. Can anyone let me know how to configure that using Zeroshell. If anyone worked on this before can you please let me know how to set it up.

chrisabc

if you select the option to modify SSID, there is an option in there to set up WDS. i have not tried it myself though. have you looked into that option yet?

skumaran

Hi,

Yes, I did try doing that.

1. I created two SSID. One on each of the Soekris boards.
    2. I enabled WDS option in both the boards.
    3. Associatied the SSID in one board with the other board using iwconfig command

Then I checked using my laptop for the list of wireless station that were available. Only one among the 2 SSIDs were visible in the list. My intention was to establish a communication between both but I was not able to do that too. I tried using a ping command between the boards and that also didnt work.

My objective is this. I have two boards running Zeroshell and there are two wireless cards in each board. I would like to establish a communication between the boards wirelessly. I tried setting up one board as a client and another as an Access point and tried the wireless configuration. But that wasn’t successful too.

From my laptop I can connect to any of the access point wirelessly and communicate.

So if someone had ever done a wireless communication between two motherboards(having a wireless card) using Zeroshell please help me out with this issue.

Thanks.

Then I arrested application my laptop for the account of wireless base that were available. Only one a part of the 2 SSIDs were arresting in the list. My ambition was to authorize a advice amid both but I was not able to do that too. I approved application a ping command amid the boards and that aswell didnt work. My cold is this. I accept two boards active Zeroshell and there are two wireless cards in anniversary board. I would like to authorize a advice amid the boards wirelessly. I approved ambience up one lath as a applicant and addition as an Access point and approved the wireless configuration. But that wasn’t acknowledged too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.