Confused on how to setup WAN interface as a gateway

Home Page Forums Network Management Networking Confused on how to setup WAN interface as a gateway

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  wagnermacedo 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

wagnermacedo

Hi,

I’m currently a user of pfSense, but due to BSD related issues, I’m migrating to ZeroShell.

On pfSense, to setup a gateway I only needed to choose a previously configured WAN interface. If the interface is a DHCP client, the IP of default gateway of this interface is used by the Gateway Configuration.

On ZeroShell, apparently I need to explicitly write down the gateway IP of my WAN interface to add as gateway of my router.

Am I doing something wrong?

TheNanny

Hi.

I’m not sure how ZeroShell behaves as DHCP client on the WAN interface.
    But where is the problem to configure the WAN interface with fixed IPs? I would prefer fixed IPs.
    This way you would set the default gateway address by pressing the button “gateway” on “SETUP”->”Network”.
    Depending on the configuration of your WAN, it might be necessary to activate NAT for the WAN interface by pressing the button “NAT” and then adding the WAN interface.

wagnermacedo

@thenanny wrote:

But where is the problem to configure the WAN interface with fixed IPs? I would prefer fixed IPs.

I can’t set this particular WAN with fixed IP, since my ISP sometimes changes it.

But my problem is already solved now I understood that the routing table is automatically written when the DHCP client of the WAN interface receives the offer.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.