Configuring WinXP to connect to ZS RADIUS Server?

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Configuring WinXP to connect to ZS RADIUS Server?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  securenet 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

securenet

Configuring WinXP to connect to ZS RADIUS Server?

I have enabled RADIUS on ZS. I have inserted the CA Certificate into the MMC Certificate Snap-In but the WinXP Wireless will not connect.

The server is reporting that the account does not exist, it is trying to use the Windows user account to authenticate. I created a User account in ZS matching the WinXP user log-in and the Authentication is still failing.

I thought or understood that a seperate authenticate log-on screen would display, allowing my to log-in using an account created in ZS.

What am I missing?
    Is there a step that I missing or did not complete?
    Does anyone have detailed instructions or graphical instructions.

***I am using Windows Zero Configuration***

Thank you,

SecureNet

securenet

The issue has been Resolved. I found that I did not go deep enough into the Client RADIUS setting. There is an option in the Windows Wireless Client Setting that told Windows to use the Windows log-on to authenticate the RADIUS connection.

Once I unchecked that option, the Log-On screen appeared and I was able to Authentication on the RADIUS Server.

There is one inconvenience with using RADIUS and it is that it can take about 1 minute longer to establish a wireless connection. But the benefit of having the highest encrypted Wireless connection out-ways any delay in the establishment of the connection.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.