Configuring DNS

Home Page Forums Network Management Networking Configuring DNS

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Witchdoctor 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Witchdoctor
    Participant

Hi there;

I have a Windows Active Directory Domain running behind my Zeroshell router/firewall. I want to use Zeroshell as my alternate DNS server however the domain controller is complaining that my Zeroshell DNS does not resolve certain records. Here are the messages I get from the Best Practice Analyzer on the domain controller.

Problem:
    The DNS server 192.168.0.1 on vEthernet (New Virtual Switch) did not successfully resolve the name

_ldap._tcp.gc._msdcs.myregistereddomain.net.

Problem:
    The DNS server 192.168.0.1 on vEthernet (New Virtual Switch) did not successfully resolve the name

_ldap._tcp.myregistereddomain.net.

Problem:

_ldap._tcp.pdc._msdcs.myregistereddomain.net.

Problem:

_kerberos._tcp.myregistereddomain.net.

I have a registered domain name that I have edited out for privacy reasons.

Is there a way to get the Zeroshell DNS to resolve these records?

All and any comments greatly appreciated.
    WD

JamesR

Honestly, I’ve never thought about doing that. I’m pretty sure that Microsoft wants the secondary DNS servers to be AD type DNS servers if the zone was configured as an AD DNS domain. Now, you may find a complicated workaround, but you may want to create a subzone that is not an AD type to coordinate with your ZeroShell DNS.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.