Configuring a wireless DHCP server

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Configuring a wireless DHCP server

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  skumaran 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

skumaran

Hello,

I am currently working on a project where I have installed Zeroshell on to my Soekris net5501 board. Now I am trying to establish a connection between 2 net5501 boards using dynamic IP configuration.

Is it possible to establish a connection like this? How can I configure a dynamic IP in both the net5501 boards so that I can achieve this?

Thanks,
    Sri Hari Kumaran

bbozo

You need to post more information about your setup.

Make a diagram of what you have in mind.

skumaran

Hello,

The project which I am currently working on uses a Soekris net5501 board running Zeroshell and has a wireless access card which is based on Atheros chipset. I was able to create an access point using this wireless card with the WIFI drivers available with Zeroshell and I was also able to connect to this access point using my laptop. I had configured the wireless access point in the board with a static IP address and I used a static IP address in the same subnet in the laptop to connect to it.

Now I am trying to create an Access point at the wireless card with a Dynamic IP configuration. But I am not able to completely understand how this can be achieved using the Zeroshell web interface. Eventhough I change the IP address options in Setup/Network tab for the wireless connection to Dynamic IP I am not getting any dynamic IP address.

Also the next step in the project is to establish a communication between two such Soekris net5501 boards each running independently on Zeroshell. Even for this I would like to have a Dynamic IP configuration at both the ends with one end acting as a Access point or as a Base station and the other end acting as a client.

It would be very helpful if someone can provide me some inputs regarding this.I am sorry for not posting the complete details.

Thanks,
    Sri Hari Kumaran

ppalias

Assign an IP address and network mask on the wireless interface. Go to “Network” -> “DHCP” and create the address pool you want your wireless clients to have from the subnet that has already been assigned to the wireless interface, as well as the other options that are necessary (gateway, dns, wins, ntp).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.