Changing hostname

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Changing hostname

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ingeniado 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ingeniado

Hello,

I have setup a PC with Zeroshell, restoring the DB from other PC with Zeroshell and changing some parameters (doing this because I have a large QoS configuration).
    Now I want to change the hostname and I’m not able! 🙁
    I’ve used the “hostname” command prompt, editing the “/etc/hosts” file, but.. when I reboot, I get the old hostname again.

Are there any way to do it?
    or have I to create a new database?

thanks
    Michael.

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Try to edit the file /var/register/system/misc/hostname and then restart the system.

Regards
    Fulvio

ingeniado

It works!

Thanks Fulvio.

Michael.

tasyoshop

Hi ingeniado and Fulvio,

can you please show the command to edit the hostname..sorry but I’m still new on this flatform thank you.

Regards,

gordonf

You’re using a POSIX style platform here. If you’re not familiar with Linux, MacOS X or other UNIX-like things, start here at the Linux for Newbies site. Don’t be ashamed; I have to go there frequently and I admin moderately sized Windows Server networks for a living.

‘vi’ is integrated into Zeroshell for editing text files. From the ZS console, hit ‘s’ to get a bash shell prompt, and then you can use Bash shell commands to browse and edit files:

cd /var/register/system/misc
    vi hostname

Now ‘vi’ is an evil editor if you haven’t used it before, so I suggest reviewing it on the Linux for Newbies site. I don’t know if simpler editors exist on the ZS distribution.

reaperz

Yes, I am Linux System Administrator and I hate vi with passion. I can use it, but still hate it every time.

So could we please get more user friendly editor like nano in next version of zeroshell?

At the moment I manually have install nano into it after install

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.