Changes in EAP.CONF

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Changes in EAP.CONF

This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  dre2007 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

dre2007

Hello all,

I got a question about the eap.conf file. When i adjust eap.conf and save it there isn’t a problem. The problem occurs when I restart the service. When I restart radius it erases the changes I made in eap.conf. It does use the changes and the radius server is working but the lines ain’t in the eap.conf file. Does anyone has a solution for this. So in short, why does zeroshell erase my changes in eap.conf when I restart Radius.

Sincerely,

André Boom
    (City Courthouse of Spain)

ppalias

Most likely upon restart of service the config is reread from another part of the filesystem, where it resides in a read-only form. You either have to use only the GUI to make changes or create pre-boot or post-boot scripts to alter the contents of the files and make changes permanent.

dre2007

Thank you for you quick reply. Can you please explain me how to create a script or give me a wep page with an example of it? I am not much of a programer. So i need some help đŸ™„

Regards André

ppalias

The script can be something as simple as a copy command, for example:

cp  /Database/patch/eap.conf /some/other/location/eap.conf

And you place it in “System” -> “Setup” -> “Startup/Cron” -> “PreBoot”

dre2007

Thank you very much for your fast response. I will try it first thing in the morning. I will let you know if it works. Again thank you again for the solution.

Kind regards,

André B.

dre2007

Okay it works đŸ™‚ I have the solution. You can find the map with the following command:

find / -name eap.conf

It will display the right file. I am sorry for asking such a noobish question…

But thanks again for your quick response

ppalias

You are welcome. No question is noobish, we are here to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.