change serial console parameters

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell change serial console parameters

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  honmanm 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

honmanm

We are running ZeroShell on older HP rackmount servers – so that it is possible to use the iLO features to get pre-boot access to the machine (the iLO interface is on a special internal network).

We use serial port redirection of COM2 and then SSH into the iLO management processor to grab the console.

If at all possible I would like to use ZS in the same way that we do the other servers, i.e. COM2 (ttyS1) running at 115200 bps. I’ve modified /boot/grub/menu.lst and can now get the GRUB menu via this interface. And the kernel is started with options console=tty0 console=ttyS1,115200.

Another thread on this board has indicated how to modify inittab (https://www.zeroshell.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1162).

So the missing part of the picture is how to modify what happens during kernel bootup when the console is redirected (there is a message on the physical display along the lines ‘Redirecting console to ttyS0 at 38400’).

I know that I could change the config of the BIOS and iLO to use COM1 at 38400, but for consistency with our other systems I’d prefer to change ZeroShell’s settings.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.