captive portal via external radius

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell captive portal via external radius

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  butteryak 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

butteryak

Ok, Im aware this can be done. I think via radius proxy, I’m just a little uncertain how to acheive this. I’m thrilled that I can run the captive portal in bridge mode. I’ve been looking for somthing to do this. Anyway. I want to authenticate my captive portal users via, an existing, functioning freeRADIUS server. I think I do this via the local radius server and proxy it to an external radius server. I really have no idea how to do this with zeroshell. I could noodle my way through it I suppose, but It would be really great if someone has done this, and could send me a quide, or help me through it.

that would be much much appreciated….

thanks folks!
    butteryak

butteryak

got it

trichens

I’m also having problems getting this to work but I’m using a Windows based RADIUS server TekRADIUS. How did you get this working for your set-up?

butteryak

it’s hard to say without crawling inside your setup…..but….. First thing I would check is if your radius server is actually getting requests from zeroshell. if it is, see what form the request is in. make sure the radius attributes are the same. Also check to see if zeroshell is asking for a request from a user in the “user@example.com” format, as apposed to just the user name. There should be some sort of Log, or troubleshooting program with tekradius that will allow to first see if it’s even working, as well, as see any logs of requests made to it.

Radius servers typically have to have the IP of the device making the request registered withing the radius server as a allowed NAS. make sure your ports and radius secrets are good as well.

Like I said, the problem I had was that zeroshell was sending out a “user@example.com” whilst the users in my radius database were listed as just “user”

So I added a “default” as apposed to “remote” or “local” proxy server under the radius section in zeroshell. This sends a request to the radius server as just a user name without the rehlm.

good luck!

rainmaker

I used default under radius proxy but cp still sends user name as username@
    and returns error.

how do i configure radius to use external radius server and send the user as just user.

thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.