Captive Portal survey

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Captive Portal survey

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_fulvio 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Hi,

in order to have a statistic on the use of the Captive Portal of Zeroshell I would ask you to answer the following questions:

1) In what context do you use the Captive Portal of Zeroshell?

2) What are the hardware (CPU, RAM and disk) do you use?

3) What release of Zeroshell do you use?

4) Did you enable the protection against DoS (Denial of Service)? if the answer is yes, please specify the protection level (Low, Medium or High).

5) What is the total number of users that you manage with the captive Portal?

6) What was the peak of concurrent users connected?

7) At the peak of concurrent users connected, did you notice unacceptable delays in the captive portal authentication?

Thanks for your cooperation.
    Fulvio

LL0rd

Hi

➡ 1) In what context do you use the Captive Portal of Zeroshell?
    In my network, I use the zeroshell radius server for 802.1X authentification. Well, that’s okay for me and my hardware, but very often I’ve got some visitors in my house, who just want to access the internet. So I create a new user on the radius server and die visitors are using the Captive Portal to log in.

➡ 2) What are the hardware (CPU, RAM and disk) do you use?
    I use a ALIX (alix2d3) board for my setup. It’s a 500 MHz AMD Geode LX800 with 256MB RAM

➡ 3) What release of Zeroshell do you use?
    Currently the 1.0.beta15

➡ 4) Did you enable the protection against DoS (Denial of Service)? if the answer is yes, please specify the protection level (Low, Medium or High).
    yes, @medium.

➡ 5) What is the total number of users that you manage with the captive Portal?
    Currently there are 63 user in the radius DB.

➡ 6) What was the peak of concurrent users connected?
    afaik 5 or 6

➡ 7) At the peak of concurrent users connected, did you notice unacceptable delays in the captive portal authentication?
    nope

on

Hi,

To authenticate our users before they access Internet. We are a Computer Science department, Master and Doctoral level. User database is on an external LDAP server.

Dell PowerEdge R200
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X3220 @ 2.40GHz 2400MHz
    RAM: 4GB
    Disk: 2×146 GB SAS in RAID 1

1.0.beta14 so far. I am afraid my customizations (patches that are automatically applied at start-up) will break if I upgrade.

4) Did you enable the protection against DoS (Denial of Service)? if the answer is yes, please specify the protection level (Low, Medium or High).

I think no, because I cannot find this option 🙂

200 to 250

7) At the peak of concurrent users connected, did you notice unacceptable delays in the captive portal authentication?

Never

Thank you,

Olivier

SoftGil

Hello.

1. In what context do you use the Captive Portal of Zeroshell?

To authenticate non-resident users accessing Internet. User database is stored on an external LDAP server.

2. What are the hardware (CPU, RAM and disk) do you use?

OEM Server:
      CPU: Intel(R) Pentium 4 HT @ 3.4GHz
      RAM: 4 GB
      Disk: 220 GB WD IDE/PATA

3. What release of Zeroshell do you use?

1.0.beta16. The latest, I believe.

4. Did you enable the protection against DoS (Denial of Service)? if the answer is yes, please specify the protection level (Low, Medium or High).

No.

5. What is the total number of users that you manage with the captive Portal?

150+

6. What was the peak of concurrent users connected?

7. At the peak of concurrent users connected, did you notice unacceptable delays in the captive portal authentication?

No.

Cheers. 🙂

fadjar340

This my answer:

In the office and some of my clients

CPU: Core2Duo
    RAM: 1 GB
    Disk: 4 GB

Beta 16

Yes in Medium Level

Average: 25

No

Regards,
    Fadjar Tandabawana

kevinjose

had you started quiz contest on this thread because its look like that!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.