captive portal , slow connecting

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell captive portal , slow connecting

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ragedude 12 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

ragedude

i have about 20 users using captive portal everything is working…. but….

immedaitly after authentication the little popup says “connecting to network”, it stays there for about 45 seconds and then finally connects. This happens to all users. I have plugged in directly to my linux box to make sure it is not network related and the same thing happens….

after I rebooted … it was fast one time… after that it slowed back down again

I am using 1.04

any thoughts?

imported_fulvio
    Participant

What type of CPU and frequency do you have on the box on which Zeroshell runs?
    Try to check the Load Average with the top command from the console and in any case read the faq http://www.zeroshell.net/eng/faq/wifi/#wifi.faq10

Regards
    Fulvio

ragedude

its an intel 3.2G pentium

how exactly do i check the load average?

imported_fulvio
    Participant

From e serial or VGA console, type the key ‘S’ and when it’s requested type the admin’s password. Now from the prompt you have to type the command ‘top’ which will show you the load average and other information.
    In any case your cpu it is very fast and I don’t think the problem it is the load average.

Regards
    Fulvio

ragedude

ur right definetly not load average… this is pretty much at 0 all the time…

what else could i do to speed this thing up…?

ragedude

so are we at a loss here?

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Sorry, but for me it is not easy to reproduce this problem
    Try to send me more details.
    Regards
    Fulvio

nwcon

If you’re clients are configured to use zeroshell for dns, on one client, try using an upstream dns server to see if dns is the problem.

I had an issue with zeroshell’s dns server… There’s no place to set a forwarder (other than using the shell and editing named.conf), and the zeroshell box didn’t forward requests correctly. I can’t remember what I did to fix this though.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.