Captive Portal Network Access Pop-up Window

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Captive Portal Network Access Pop-up Window

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  aries 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

aries

hi everyone,

i just want to ask if it is possible to remove the captive portal pop-up window after being authenticated. Instead, the users will just stay on the main browser and redirected to the page they want to go.

i ask this because some wifi devices like mobile phones with windows ce platform and samsung phones dont allow the pop-up page to display even if we enable the allow pop-ups and java scripts in their hand helds.

before we can overcome this challenge by adding them to the free authorized clients. but since there is a 100 entries limitation we are facing the same problem.

now i just thought that if we can temporarily remove that mini-page may be we can still proceed with authenticating all users in the captive portal.

thank you very much 🙂

lonetorus

another feature that might be to your advantage in connecting the no popup devices, is to make each client authenthication last longer than the default, for instance 1 hour or more, its unlikely in most use cases that a mobile (as in roaming) user will stick around that long, and if they do, they just have to log in again when their session expire.

aries

thank you for your kind response. I’ll give it a try. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.