Captive Portal for specific subnet

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroTruth Captive Portal for specific subnet

This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ultimoblaze 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ultimoblaze

Hi,

I posted this in the Zeroshell forum and didn’t get any response so I’m going to try my luck here.

Can I use a Zeroshell router controlling 1 subnet and then provide captive portal for a second subnet controlled by another router downstream? Here is a quick picture of my network:

Zeroshell Router (192.168.0.1)
    |
    |
    /
    Clients (192.168.0.x)
    |
    |
    /
    dd-wrt Router (192.168.1.1)
    |
    |
    /
    Clients (192.168.1.x)

I already have this set up and working correctly as shown. Clients in the 192.168.1.x subnet successfully get through to the internet and get DHCP from the server on the 192.168.0.x subnet. What I’d like is for only the clients on the 192.168.1.x subnet to get captive portal and the clients on the 192.168.0.x subnet to get free access.

Is this possible with Zeroshell as it is now? If not, is it a limitation of the Zeroshell software or of the way captive portal works?

Thanks,
    Ultimoblaze

bricely

Hi,

In Zeroshell, one IP Address/Subnet is attached with one Interface. So I don’t know how is possible to subnet 192.168.1.x to get Internet in your architecture. May be DD-WRT Router make NAT ???

The simpliest way to provide captive portal to the subnet 192.168.1.x is to use a other interface for him.

EDIT :
    I don’t testing this solution but i think if you implement 2 VLANs on your concerned interface, you can achieve your goal.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.