Can not Bridge VLAN

Home Page Forums Network Management ZeroShell Can not Bridge VLAN

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Wilfrid 11 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Wilfrid

Hello,

First, thanks for your great soft: almost all I need (just wait for Squid :D) and very easy to use.

I have just one issue, I try to bridge a VLAN (previously created: ETH00.4) to ETH01 but the VLAN is not in the interface list for bridging.

I found a workaround (I bypass web configuration with brctl) but it is not very clean.

Is any body encounter this issue and find a solution ?

Is it a bug ? Is it planned to be added or not ?

Regards.
    Wilfrid

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Are you sure it is possible to bridge an untagged interface with a tagged one?
    I don’t think this configuration is supported by the Linux bridge module, but maybe I am wrong on that and in this case I will enable this possibility by using the GUI.

Regards
    Fulvio

Wilfrid

Yes, it allows to tag or untag traffic. The datagrams received with a tag 4 on eth0 are sent on eth1 without the tag and the datagrams received on eth1 are sent with a tag 4 on eth0.

I found the following workaround:
    1. on Web Interface:
    VLAN 4 sur ETH00 in Network
    You don’t see ETH00.4 in bridge creation

2. On CLI:
    loadkeys fr
    cd /var/register/system/net/interfaces/
    ln -s ETH00/VLAN/4 ETH00.4

3. On Web Interface:
    Now, you see ETH00.4 in bridge creation
    Bridge on ETH01 and ETH00.4 in Network

It works. But when it starts, it do not find ETH00.4 and bridge creation fails. So, I need valid bridge after every start on Web Interface:
    In Network, configure BRIDGE00 and confirm

PS: Is there a way to save keymaps? I need to after every start to do “loadkeys fr” in CLI (I try to modify loadkeys config file but the modification is erased after a reboot)

Regards.
    Wilfrid

would it be possible to do the same with vlans on VPN interfaces?
    I would like to bridge vlan1 on ethx and vpnx and another bridge for vlan2 on ethx and vpnx.
    Yours!

imported_fulvio
    Participant

The new release of Zeroshell (1.0.beta8) allows to bridge untagged interfaces with tagged ones by using the web interface. This is very useful to bridge the wifi SSIDs and 802.1q VLAN.

Regards
    Fulvio

Many thanks…
    I currently have multiple bridges in my zeroshell network with vlans in the vpntunnels making l2 connections over the internet… Sweet…

The beta8 now includes wifi support and after reading the supported cards section i got out to buy a 3com 3crdag675b but lcpci doesn’t find my card and MadWifi says that no compatible chipset was found. There is one note on the support on http://madwifi.org/wiki/Compatibility/3Com saying driver revision madwifi-trunk-r1325-20051111…

Is it possible to get the card working?

imported_fulvio
    Participant

Sorry, but I have not a wifi card with the chipset Atheros AR5414 and therefore I am not able to find a solution.

Regards
    Fulvio

Yesterday I tried my card in another box and it worked fine with zeroshell.
    The first machine obviously doesn’t support 3.3v on the PCI bus. An older Dlink 5v card worked (lspci found it)

Hence the 3Com card is working with zeroshell…. Sory for my early post but now we are back on the track again.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.